We take utmost care when brewing our coffee with the Aeropress. We love good tasting coffee and we know you do too. As you know, the little details in your cup of coffee can make the difference. Beyond perfecting your own Aeropress brewing method, we want to give you the tools you need to cover every aspect of brewing with your Aeropress. We go over the needed water temperatures needed to brew with your Aeropress in this article. So this leaves the question of how do you bring your water to the perfect temperature quickly and easily? Our answer is a temperature controlled electric kettle!
What is a Temperature Controlled Electric Kettle?
An electric kettle is an electric powered kettle that quickly boils water. What makes these kettles different is their ability to control the temperature at which the water is boiled to. Below are a few of our recommendations that will make your next cup of coffee delicious.
Bonavita Variable Temperature Digital Electric Gooseneck Kettle
Bonavita brings the lowest price kettle that we feature, but that doesn’t mean they sacrificed quality here. This is also the only kettle which we feature that has a Gooseneck. This feature allows you to accurately pour your water into the narrow Aeropress spout.
- Set and monitor exact temperature with the LED Panel
- Accurate within 2 degrees F or 1 degree C
- Temperature set and hold for up to 60 minutes
- Count up timer useful for timed coffee brewing
- 1.0 liter capacity
- 1000 watt heating element (AC 120V 60Hz)
- Commercial UL certified in USA and UL rated in Canada
Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp 1.7-Liter Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle
The Cusinart CPK-17 is the next step up in price. This kettle features a larger capacity at 1.7-liters and a higher power heating element at 1500watts vs the 1000watt element found on the Bonavita model.
- 1.7-liter capacity
- 6 preset temperatures
- Delicate (160°F)
- Green (175°F)
- White (185°F)
- Oolong (190°F)
- French Press (200°F)
- Black (Boil – 212°F)
- Single Touch Control with Blue LED Temperature Indicators
- Keep Warm up to 30-minutes
- Internal memory allows you to lift kettle off base for up to 2 minutes without losing place in the brewing process
- 1500 watt heating element for quick heating
- Removable/cleanable scale filter
- Automatic shutdown & protection from boil dry
- Limited 3-year Warranty
Breville BKE820XL Variable-Temperature 1.8-Liter Kettle
The Breville comes in as our highest price temperature controlled kettle. This price doesn’t come without an amazing feature set and a high quality build. Slightly larger than the Cusinart, the Breville BKE820XL gives you a 1.8-liter capacity. With an impressive feature set including audible tones to signal water is ready and boil dry protection, this really is the mac daddy of electric kettles.
- 1500-watt 2-quart kettle
- 5 preset temperatures
- Green Tea (175°F)
- White Tea (185°F)
- Oolong (195°F)
- French Press (200°F)
- Black Boil (212°F)
- Push-button control operation
- Hold Temp function to keep water at selected temperature for up to 20 minutes
- Boil dry protection
- Removable scale filter
- Water ready/boil dry audible tones