Summer is still a few months away but the temperature is steadily rising, making you crave an iced latte! This refreshing drink is a mixture of steamed milk and a single or double-shot espresso then topped with ice. It has a subtle espresso taste and if you do not have an espresso machine you can still concoct it with the help of an Aeropress. This is a coffee maker meant for brewing regular coffee but also capable of making concentrated coffee akin to espresso.
How to make Aeropress iced latte?
Before making an Aeropress iced latte, you need the following ingredients:
- 300 ml or 10-ounce of milk
- Caster sugar
- 17 grams or 0.59 ounces of freshly roasted whole coffee beans
- A tall grass for serving and coffee extraction
- A kettle
- Cocktail shaker
- Weighing scale
- Coffee grinder
These are the steps to make an Aeropress iced latte
- Prepare water in a kettle and bring to a boil.
- Prepare espresso with the Aeropress.
- Add 300 ml or 10-ounce of milk along with caster sugar to the cocktail shaker.
- Shake until a foam develops.
- Place some ice on your tall serving glass.
- Add milk to the ice in the serving glass.
- Draw out the coffee into a separate glass.
- Add the Aeropress espresso to the ice and milk in the serving glass. Enjoy your Aeropress iced latte!
Aeropress iced lattes are simpler to make compared to other milk-based coffee drinks. They can vary based on the strength of the shot, the number of shots used and the flavors you want to add.
What is an Aeropress?
Aeropress is a coffee press that utilizes a rapid concentration brewing method to produce smooth and flavorful coffee minus the bitterness and low acidity. Fans of this process claim that it makes the best coffee and is convenient to use. In the absence of an espresso machine, the Aeropress is an affordable alternative to have an espresso for iced lattes.
What is the difference between iced latte and iced coffee?
The difference between an iced latte and iced coffee lies in their ingredients and how they are prepared. The main ingredients of a latte are steamed milk, espresso coffee and foam while iced coffee is regular brewed coffee poured in a glass with ice.
Recommended espresso beans for your iced latte
Here is a list of our recommended brands of espresso beans for your iced latte:
Kicking Horse Cliffhanger Espresso (35.2 oz.)
- Originated from Africa and Indonesia and grown in a socially and environmentally responsible way.
- Organic Arabica coffee; Fairtrade Kosher coffee.
- Has a chocolatey and smooth blend with tasting notes of wild berry syrup with a smooth cocoa finish.
Starbucks Dark Roast Whole Bean Coffee Espresso Roast (20 oz.)
- It has a caramelly sweet taste that is an ideal pair with steamed milk.
- Darker-roasted coffee with robust and bold taste.
- Espresso whole bean flavor.
Lavazza Espresso Italian Whole Bean Coffee Blend (2.2 lb.)
- Non-GMO and 100% Arabica coffee beans.
- It is a rich-bodied medium roast with aromatic notes.
- Blended and roasted in Italy.
- Suitable for espresso machines but also suitable for any coffee maker.
An iced latte is perfect during hot summer days. This addictive drink of steamed milk and espresso is easy to make by simply following the steps indicated earlier. Make sure you use only premium grade espresso beans for a thoroughly satisfying and refreshing drink.
Image: istockphoto.com /Artit_Wongpradu